KNOW WHAT TO BRING AND WHAT TO ASK
Making an appointment at Virginia Cancer Institute is as simple as picking up the phone and calling one of our offices, which are located throughout the Richmond, Virginia, region.
Our services are available to all who seek them. You may become our patient either by making the appointment yourself or through a physician referral. We also welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions. We know how stressful initial diagnosis is, and we strive to keep waiting time for an appointment to a minimum.
We accept most insurance carriers, and our staff will work with you before you come in for your appointment to ensure that you understand your coverage. We all try to help alleviate the worry, so you can concentrate on getting well.
We strive to keep waiting times to a minimum, but please realize that delays can occur due to emergencies and unforeseen patient needs.
We ask that you always:
- Bring your completed patient forms, if this is your first visit. DOWNLOAD HERE
- Bring your insurance cards and driver’s license.
- Let us know whenever you change your address, telephone number, employment, marital status or insurance.
- Bring a list of all medications that you are currently taking (including over-the-counter remedies, vitamins and herbal supplements).
- Write down any questions or concerns that you may have to discuss with your physician.
- If you wish, bring someone with you to help listen to your physician’s comments and responses to your questions.
- Make your next appointment every time you visit the clinic. This includes lab, medication and radiology appointments.
We understand that emergencies and special needs can occur, and we will do our very best to accommodate your specific needs. We request that, should you need to cancel an appointment, you provide as much notice as possible so we can enable another patient to see the doctor.
Before you arrive, you may want to prepare a list of questions for your VCI team. We’ve provided a sample listing of questions to get you started.
Once you make an appointment, all facets of our services—from the latest research findings to the most advanced technology—will be made available for your healing.