Your care team at Virginia Cancer Institute strives to provide comprehensive, compassionate, and timely care to every patient. To enable a timely clinic flow for all patients, we ask that you notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel your clinic appointment.
We understand that there are times where you may encounter an emergency and miss a scheduled appointment. We do ask that – as much as possible – VCI is notified of any potential conflicts or changes in your schedule. It is important to us that we balance our clinical teams to support all the patients within the office.
At Virginia Cancer Institute, we do have a patient appointment No-Show/Cancellation policy. Key guidelines of this policy include:
- Patients are expected to provide 24-hour notice of any appointment that needs to be rescheduled or canceled.
- Patients who arrive more than 15 minutes after his or her scheduled appointment may be rescheduled to another day.
- Patients can be dismissed from Virginia Cancer Institute for regularly:
- Arriving late to a scheduled appointment.
- Failing to show up for a scheduled appointment.
- Providing less than 24 hours of notice to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
We are committed to supporting all our patients with their care needs. And we appreciate your support in recognizing our patient appointment No-Show/Cancellation policy.